When: Friday, November 30, 2012 (I know, I know)
With Who: Solo
Where: The Marina
How: For FREE at the AMC Dine In Theater. Read my blog about my entire unique experience here
Why: Was on my list of movies I wanted to see…and it was FREE
Never heard of this movie? Check out more info here
This is a chance for me to talk about the movie. In that blog I detailed everything about the experience, and I thought that experience was awesome.
The danger of me doing this so long after watching the movie is that the memories aren’t as crisp. But I still remember things.
I remember this movie wasn’t anything like I thought it was. After I came to grips with that, the movie took me on a roller coaster. It had every opportunity to be one of my favorite movies ever, but every time I thought that, it turned around and did something to make me roll my eyes (babies? really?).
It’s not a horrible movie. You just really have to have an open mind and imagination. The problem is if you don’t know that going in to it, you may be disappointed.
- I liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Inception, the first movie I ever saw him in. His role was funny, intelligent and valuable. I think it deceived me into thinking he could act. Since that movie, he’s starred in this movie and the Dark Knight Rises and I swear I can’t tell the difference between his performances in any of the films.
- And why does he think that monotone voice is perfect for every movie he does? To me he always sounds like he just woke up from a nap. No emotion, no concern, nothing but a snoozer.
- Exactly how old is Bruce Willis?
- Ironically they showed the trailer to Die Hard on Tuesdays Before You’re Killed on Your Own Because You Have Bullets Too….or whatever Die Hard 5 is called. I couldn’t help but think that it has to be the end of John McClane. He’s too old to be a believable cop anymore. You remember in the beginning of the first one when he told the guy on the plane, “Relax, I’m a cop. Trust me, I’ve been doing it for 11 years”. Ok seriously, if he was a cop for 11 years then…
- Bruce Willis should stop wearing lipstick when getting made up for the screen….period!
- Babies? Really?
It wasn’t a bad film. It wasn’t bad at all. Wasn’t great. Just different. Give it a shot when it comes on video. I saw it for free so I might have gone a little easier on it because of that. But still, I don’t think I would have hated it even if I paid full price.
7 to go…..
- Looper * * * * (mrmarakai.wordpress.com)
- Looper (2012) (myfilmviews.com)
- The Blooper of Looper (unequivocalspruik.wordpress.com)
- Rian Johnson’s LOOPER Blu-ray Has 22 Deleted Scenes (collider.com)
- Q&A: Rian Johnson On ‘Looper’ (deadline.com)
- Movie Review: Looper (2012) (pacejmiller.com)