When: Sunday, October 7, 2012
With Who: All Alooooooone
Where: At Home
How: Redbox DVD
Why: Wanted to check it out in the theater, but didn’t get a chance
Oh, I know you know. And you know that I know you know.
So before I watched this movie I felt disappointed. The movie didn’t make a lot money or didn’t do as well as expected, I forget which one.
My understanding was that it wasn’t that good.
At first, I didn’t argue. I mean this thing has some dialogue that my six year old could have written at first. But we don’t watch movies like this for the dialogue, now do we?
- Why do people find Rhianna to be so fine and sexy? I’m a hetero male and I don’t find her to be all that. I’m sorry. I just don’t.
- Example of that great dialogue: “You’re a chicken. A Kentucky Fried Chicken”. Excuse me while I go have a moment. That brought a tear to my eye.
- The special effects were second to none on this one. Worth the film itself.
- I’m sick of aliens coming to Earth to dominate with power beyond our abilities but also with very stupid limitations. Can destroy our ships but can’t handle the sun? Really?
- And why would they not be able to handle the sun when their planet is three planets from the sun like ours, as described in the beginning?
- Liam Neeson is awesome. He is one of my favorite actors. He is very underused in this film.
- SERIOUSLY! Why do people want to put very important dialogue in the hands of someone with a massive accent. I love Christopher Nolan films (Batman Series, Inception, Memento) but in Inception he put important info in the hands of a man I couldn’t understand. This movie was no different. A Japanese guy gave us some very very important info in the middle of this film as to how they would fight the aliens…. I have no idea what the hell he said! Not even close!
- Ok don’t front. You know you enjoyed the old dudes as much as I did. Tell me they weren’t the second highlight of the film….after the effects of course.
I had fun. No more, no less. I had a blast. I wasn’t thinking about Oscar winning performances, writing, directing or anything else. I just put in the DVD, pressed play and had fun. If you can do that, you’ll have fun too.
13 to go……
- Monopoly to be turned into movie (contactmusic.com)
- Battleship The most Michael Bayish movie not directed by Michael Bay (thevisionaryfilmfanatic.wordpress.com)
- Review: Taken 2 (thefocusedfilmographer.com)
- Thoughts while watching Battleship (a review-recap) (houseofgeekery.com)
- The Battleship Potemkin (randomfilmmusings.wordpress.com)
- BATTLESHIP Blu-ray Review (geektyrant.com)
- Battleship Blu Ray (sightsandsoundz.com)
- Battleship (2012) (atthemovieswithsilver.wordpress.com)
- Battleship (antinewworldorderparty.wordpress.com)
- ‘Battleship’ tops DVD sales chart (upi.com)