When: Friday, August 10, 2012
With Who: Just me
Where: At The House
Why: Heard it was funny
You know what to do with this link
When I first saw the trailer for this movie I had absolutely no desire whatsoever at all, definitely not, don’t ask, cuz the answer is no; In case that wasn’t clear, I didn’t want to see it at all.
Ice Cube is a laughable “actor” to me. And not in a good way. I was never a fan of the tv series. And although Jonah Hill has started to develop a new fan in me, that wasn’t enough for me to go see it.
Then I started hearing things like “funniest movie of the year”. “Hilarious”. “You’ll laugh till it hurts”.
It hit Redbox kiosks and shortly after I got an email discount code for their rentals . Perfect
So I watch the movie and I find myself completely and utterly surprised. It was hilarious to me. It was a lot fun, which I’m noticing is the case with all of the Jonah Hill movies I’ve seen lately.
Even Ice Cube’s over the top character worked to excellence and I found myself getting a couple of laughs out of him, which is rare.
My other thoughts:
- It was VERY refreshing for this movie to acknowledge that there was some skepticism in the age of adults portraying high school characters. Sometimes I find myself shouting at the screen, “NONE OF YOU OTHER PEOPLE SEEM TO NOTICE THEY ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT LOOK 35?” But with this one I didn’t have to. They brought it up
- I forgot Holly Robinson was in the tv show. Her cameo in the film seemed like she was there for no reason other than homage. It made me look up if she was on the show. I was right
- Johnny Depp, on the other hand, I do remember from the show. I did hear that he made a cameo but I had forgotten about it until he revealed himself. But then I thought it was weird. He sounded like Jack Sparrow.
I thought this movie was funnier than Ted. My sister disagrees, but let her get her own damn blog. Get the movie, put it in, sit back, turn your mind off and have fun.
22 to go….
- Film Review: 21 Jump Street (thislifeinphotos.wordpress.com)
- ’21 Jump Street’ – a brief review (nintendorick.com)
- “21 Jump Street” – or how I stopped worrying and learned to love remakes… (fluffrick.wordpress.com)
- 21 Jump Street (smallscreenreviews.com)
- Jonah Hill Talks 21 JUMP STREET Sequel; Says They’re Writing the Script Now and Filming Begins September 2013 (collider.com)