WITH WHO: Riding Solo
WHERE: At The House
HOW: Netflix DVD
WHY: Heard It Was Good
I honestly had no idea what to expect. I heard all these great things about the movie and I vaguely remembered the trailer from this movie last year. I had no idea who starred in it or what it was about.
But I did remember Steven Spielberg was advertised as Producer so I expected there to be some nice FX and that something associated with an alien would be involved.
And I was right about both.
I’m still waiting on the first GREAT movie of my challenge in 2012. At least great in my opinion, which usually goes far beyond 80% of the films nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.
But this movie was entertaining. I remember thinking that it was very well done. They even paid attention to detail seeing that I belive this movie took place in the 70’s.
Anyway, my thoughts:
- I had no idea that Dakota Fanning had a younger sister. I had no idea that Dakota Fanning had a younger sister who also acts. I had no idea that Dakota Fanning had a younger sister who also acts well.
- Where is Dakota Fanning?
- That chunky kid director was easily my favorite character.
- I’m smart. I feel smart because I figured out who Dakota Fanning’s sister’s dad was in the movie before they revealed it. I guess I have a gift. Shhh, let me think what I want.
- The “train scene” was waaay over the top, seemingly unrealistic, and one of the most fun scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie.
- Why do these types of movies always take place in some rural, unpopulated area?
55 to go…….